Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Genesis Code

Recently I had the opportunity to review a movie called 'The Genesis Code".
As a conservative Christian who believes in a young earth. I am a Creation apologist, and as such, I was excited to see that a movie was going to use science to prove the Genesis story, which I have already seen demonstrated in the past.

However, as I watched the movie, that is not what I found. This movie tried to use physics and the theory of time dilation to prove that both the view of young earth and an old earth can coexist based on your perspective... ie.. God's perspective or ours.

And that in the end, both were correct. While I am not a scientist, and I cannot go into all the reasons why I disagree with this, the one thing I know for sure, is that I disagree with what this movie is promoting, and therefore, I simply cannot endorse this film.

If you would like to read a more educated view and opinion of this movie, I looked up to see if the fine folks of Answers in Genesis had anything to say on the film, and fortunately they did. You can check out their thoughts here.


No comments:

Post a Comment