Monday, September 24, 2007

Greetings from Creative Learners




Greetings!


I am new to the blogging world. I have read blogs for some time. This morning I thought perhaps I would start one for our Homeschool Family!


We are in our 7th year of homeschooling our  children. We have special needs learners, advanced learners and right on target learners.... and sometimes reluctant learners.... Wow how many kids is that???  Actually we have 5 children. Though, isn't it true that they  will fit into more than one category?


I am not a textbook user. I classified this blog as an eclectic blog. I figured that was the closest way to describe what we do.


We do living books, Charlotte Mason, hands on... we have done Sonlight Curriculum, while I love their methodology and their wonderful books... it was not a good fit. This year, I am loosely following OFE, Old Fashion Education.


http://oldfashionededucation.com/index.html


This is a free curriculum online, that Miss Maggie from Hillbillyhousewife.com has put together.  I do not follow exactly as she has written it, and that is encouraged.... I have several different grade levels and so I put things together, from a few different grade levels, and add other sources.  We are all in all having a great year.


I thought that I would share here, in this blog, things that have been helpful to our children with special needs.  As well as, share what we do with our non special learners.


I have a son, with epilepsy, and autism and a myriad of nuances in his learning. As well as an ADHD and Dyslexic son. And a daughter who also has Dyslexia.


I look forward to getting to know all of you as we travel down this new blogging world!  Please be patient with me as we add more and more every day!


Grab a cup of coffee for your next visit.. and we'll sit and chat awhile!





 


 

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking at using the Sonlight approach next year. I will be combining two of my kids into one core. Will I need to have separate readers for both of them?


    Shoot me an email and let me know your experience, if you have time! christinemoers@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete