Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Do you have a homeschool room???

 


Do you have a Homeschool Room?


We recently had a discussion amongst homeschoolers, and the question was posed, do you have a homeschool room? Which has lead to several of us sharing photos of our respective rooms. So I thought I would put this together as well.


Here are 2 shots of our "school room"



This view is from the entry of that room. This room is actually a second master bedroom. Actually the larger master. It has a slider that goes to the backyard.



Here is from the opposite side of the room. You can see the doorway in which I was standing in the last shot. You can also see there is another doorway, which is a walk in closet, which is great for hiding "stuff".


Now as you see we have a wonderful space that we have created for us to learn in. However, that is not where we do our learning. O cannot really tell you why. Some days we use the room when i want to use the chalk board. However, on most days we schoool in the front of the house. Sometimes on the couch, at the dining room table, or gathered around my desk, so I thoght I would share a few shots of where we actually learn.....


Here is our dining room/ music room.....



This next shot is of our dining room table. I have to tell you, one of the best things I have done was put this wall map on our dining room table and cover it with vinyl. In the past I found our wall maps ended up becoming "art" and were not interactive at all. But now, whenever we sit down we can utilize it. Not that we do every time, but often times!



We spend alot of time on the couch and chairs. We will do our read alouds there, our devotions and sometimes bible study in general. You will also find the kids sprawled aorund the coffee table working on "seat work" or playing a game. Notice there is a basket of books between the recliner and the couch. I keep books there at their level of reading I ahve some strugglers, so having books at easy access, where they don't have to hunt is key!




One more shot... both of these are taken from the dining room, this one I have tilted a bit, in order to show the door that leads to the "school room" and my desk.....



Now the next two shots are of my desk. We spend lots of time there. When I have a student that needs extra help, while the others are working independently, we will do that at my desk. Which is why we purchased an "L' shaped desk. Also, if there are videos I want to share with them that are on line, we do it there as well.



This next one you can see shelving behind my desk, I use this for books and DVD's and other resources that we use alot. That way they do not get "lost" on all those bookshelves in the "school room".


So how do you use your space? Do you have a school room or do you school all over? Or both? Leave a comment and tell me all about it! I love to hear other homeschoolers make it work for their family!


Happy Homeschooling!



2 comments:

  1. I love all your schooling spaces!


    Your schoolroom is totally inspirational to me. I would love such an opportunity. It helps me to have a spot that is only for school. It helps me turn on and then turn off (when we leave the spot).


    http://onemomsfunjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer~

    What an inspiration to see your homeschooling areas...

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete