Friday, April 29, 2011

TOS Crew: Hey, Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek!

As part of the TOS Homeschool Crew, we were given the opportunity to review Hey,Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek Level 3.


Hey Andrew! teaches koine Greek, or Biblical Greek, versus modern conversational Greek.


Now, when I found out that we were going to be able to review Hey, Andrew! I was thrilled! I must admit though, that my children were not. When choosing the level we would review, I was unsure which would be best for my family. While they are older, they have not had any experience with Greek.  So we opted for Level 3.

I do think that was a good option, as this level begins with reviewing the alphabet, which we had not learned! Big plus! And it then moves into the introduction of vocabulary words, in a slow and methodical fashion.

Throughout this level your student will cover basic vocabulary and simple sentence structure. Also included in the text are flash cards to help concrete what they have been learning. Also, available for purchase is the pronunciation CD. This came in handy, as it would either confirm that you are speaking correctly or help you learn how to correctly form the new sounds you are learning!

My son, that we used this program with told me that,  "I didn't want to do it originally, because I thought it would be hard!" However, now that we are using it, he says, "I like doing it, it is very easy to understand."

Now that we have been working through the program for most of this school year, my son has been able to master some words and some sentences in Greek.  We are thankful to have had this program, as this son will be  attending Bible College, so we are looking at this as getting him ready for Greek in College. We will be continuing on with Hey, Andrew! throughout the rest of our homeschooling!

Take a moment to check out the crew blog to see what my crew mates think about Hey, Andrew!

And visit Greek N' Stuff for their whole line of Latin and Greek products.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment