Monday, October 12, 2009

Bonnie Terry Learning


**Note: if you are reading this on facebook, please scroll to the bottom and click "original post"


As part of The Homeschool Crew I was sent a free copy of Ten Minutes to Better Study Skills, by Bonnie Terry, M.Ed.for the purpose of review.

I have a son who has ADHD and is very easily distracted. So, when it comes to writing, whether we are talking about a book report, or an essay, he struggles with staying focused and putting his thoughts together.

Ten Minutes to Better Study Skills has forms throughout the spiral bound book, that assist the student with taking notes and arranging thoughts. Something about using these forms made it easier for my son to move through the assignments.  There are forms for book reports, note taking, story or book organizer (helps them put their thoughts together), Cause and effect, compare and contrast, plus many more. We did not get a chance to use all of them, however the ones we did use, I found very helpful.

What I really liked was located in the back of the book. It is a reference guide for studying and writing. You will find test taking tips, paragraph and essay writing tips. Plus spelling patterns and grammar rules. It comes in handy to have these at our fingertips! At least that is what my son said!


Bonnie Terry has a plethora of products available to help the struggling learner! Whether your child struggles with reading, writing, spelling, math or study skills, Bonnie Terry has help for you. Please check out her website to see her full selection.

You can purchase Ten Minutes to Better Study Skills for $37 with free shipping, ($12.95 value).  I am a bit money conscience, so I must admit the $37 price tag did scare me a bit. However, I will say, now that I have seen the product, if you truly have a child who has a hard time organizing his thoughts, this book may be your answer. Check out her website and read all about the program.

Happy Homeschooling!








No comments:

Post a Comment